Re: Zach attack and this and that...

I thought the same thing Joe, when I saw that report about Randolph. I'd
love to see him there at 21, but I'll be shocked. Big, nimble, talented
power forwards just don't last long, even if they are a little overweight.
But we can always hope. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if the Celts took
Randolph at 11; at 21, I'd be giddy.

I've been looking at that 21st pick, and we do have a chance to get a very
intriguing player there. Keep in mind that anyone at that spot is a
crapshoot, but once you get past the obvious top 10, there are 10 more names
that really pique my interest: Loren Woods, Brendan Haywood, Troy Murphy,
Michael Bradley, Jamaal Tinsley, Omar Cook, Richard Jefferson, Zach
Randolph, Vlad. Radmanovic, Steven Hunter. You just know a few of these guys
still will be available when the Celts pick, because guys like Forte,
Arenas, Hassell and Jason Collins will be factors between 11-20. I'm really
hoping Haywood, VladRad, Bradley or Randolph slide to that point, although
it's not likely. But this certainly seems like the deepest draft that I can
remember.

I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I have to say again how much I
hope the Celts get a deal done for that top pick and Eddy Curry. This kid
could absolutely dominate the Eastern Conference over the next 10 years with
its utter dearth of big men. If he went to DePaul for a year and put up big
numbers against overmatched college kids, we'd be talking about him as the
biggest No. 1 lock since Duncan. And yet Jordan has made that top pick very
available. Let's go get it.

Mark