Re: misc. draft and zone D thoughts

Good thoughts here. I agree with everything Ellie says except for the impact
of the new rules on the Celtics. I don't think they will help the Celts at
all. While some of our players have the ability to be good passers, the
Celtics definitely are not a good passing team. Their offense during Obie's
tenure consisted of isolation plays and post-ups for Pierce and Toine. Also,
you correctly point out that the "other guys" are going to have to step up
to beat these defenses, and I'm not so sure the Celts don't have the worst
"other guys" in the league. If Pierce and Toine don't get 50 a night, they
struggle. Still, even though the new rules don't seem to favor the Celts,
I'm firmly in favor of them. I love the idea of a faster, team-oriented game
and no more isolations. As Jack Ramsay says, these are the best players and
coaches in the world, there's no reason they can't adjust to the way
everyone else in the world plays the game.

By the way, Ellie, I also love your suggestions for the 21st pick. I'd much
rather take a chance on a high-upside guy like Cisse or Wallace than try to
fill a need with a so-so player like  Alvin Jones or Samuel Dalembert (two
guys I've seen ticketed to Boston at that spot).

Mark