Re: Hakeem-Croshere-Vitaly?

At 01:11 PM 7/31/01, Kestutis Kveraga wrote:

>Wallace did dress in a Croshere Celtics jersey for a meeting with him during
>the Croshere recruiting craze last summer. I suppose it could've been on
>Pitino's orders, but could he have faked so much enthusiasm for Croshere if he
>really wasn't into it? As for the veracity of the rumor, I don't know, Vescey
>does have his sources, and usually doesn't make stuff up.
>Kestas

There was also a rumor about discussions of Croshere for one of our draft
picks last month. I'm not sure how that would have worked with Croshere's
BYC status. In this case, since the Rockets have cap room, I think it could
have worked out but we would have had to send out more salaries - Eric
Williams or McCarty? And Vecsey also mentioned that Sam Perkins may have
been involved; I'd imagine he'd probably be coming our way because the
Rockets wouldn't want him (because they want to keep salary cap space
open). Just what we need, a decrepit 3 point shooting center! I can just
imagine Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce posting up while Sam Perkins, Antoine,
and Croshere toss up 3's from the outside. That would be a pretty strange
offense.

We'll see if we're still suffering from the Pitino curse of having our
non-trades be the best ones in hindsight. After hearing this rumor, I can
just see Croshere having a breakout year for the Pacers while Vitaly plods
along for 6 ppg and 4 rpg.

Alex