Re: Mark Berry's fears, etc...

Come on, Kestas. I'm not making any predictions on stats. I'm saying, on the
whole-offense, defense, the whole package-the rookies roughly equal Bryant
Stith this season, and will be much, much better-each of them-in the future.
Does that mean they combine to average 10 points? Does it mean they average
20, but give up 10 more than Stith would? Does it mean they rebound better,
but turn it over more? I don't know. I'm saying that this season, having a
couple of rookies taking over Stith's minutes is, on the whole, a wash.

Why are you harping on this? I think you get my point, no matter how much
you want to pick at it. I happen to believe the team entered the offseason
with one glaring weaknesses-rebounding, size and strength up front. They
haven't addressed it at all. They've added wonderful talents in the draft,
but look at recent drafts and show me which teams made a noticeable
improvement in the first year due to a draft pick-Duncan, Shaq, etc.
excepted. Draft picks take time to really make an impact, even those who
step right in to fill a glaring need (think Kenyon Martin last year).

You add talent through the draft, but you fill needs through free agency and
trades. The Celtics did a good job in the first part, but not in the second.
That's why I think they'll fare roughly the same this season. Of course,
there's plenty of time between now and the start of the season to make
moves. We'll see.

Mark