Re: Mark Berry's fears, etc...

>  From: "Berry, Mark S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
>
> I didn't say the rookies won't significantly contribute this year, Kestas.
> said they wouldn't contribute much more than Stith did last year.

You seemed to say both, actually, Mark.  Maybe that's where the confusion
lies.

> [from an earlier post:]
> I see these guys and I don't think any of them will give the Celtics much
> more
> THIS YEAR than what Stith did last year. The rebounding and point guard
> problems are still there, and the talent infusion, while wonderful, is a
> year away from making a significant difference.

Who knows how much improvement (i.e wins) the rooks will give the team?
Like Kestas said, Pierce joined the team, and one might reasonably have
expected the C's to win, say, 6 more games, but of course they didn't.
Perhaps the new guys on the team will take time to become integrated into
the team, perhaps they'll help a resurgent Celtics team to 5-10 more wins.
   I couldn't say at this very early date.  It's only summer league, after
all.

(The Celtic "Tird",
  Celticus "tirdius")