Re: 7mil for Palacio!!!!!!

--- You wrote:

1. Why didn't they sign him to their typical deal for minimum wage free
agents when they brought him aboard last year? They usually use a two year
deal, with the second year being a team option; they used this for Bowen
and Adrian Griffin.

2. Wasn't Milt a restricted free agent? Couldn't we have just tendered a
small contract and then matched any other team's offer?
--- end of quote ---

I sent last post without addressing Alex's questions:

1) As I recall, they kept giving him 10-day contracts, until they had to sign
him for the remainder of the season. I think they even had to release him at
one point for a day or two  because of some technicality. I don't know for
sure, but they probably weren't allowed to offer such a contract during the
season.

2) He was, and we could, but apparently it either wasn't enough (I think the
qualifying offer would've been in the vicinity of $400-500K), or they did the
Pitino-McCarty thing.
Kestas