Re: 7mil for Palacio!!!!!!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Murphy" <tfmiii@worldnet.att.net>

> This contract won't push us over the luxury tax and it won't prevent us
from
> signing FAs (Kenny's does that) so given the two year limitation the
actual
> dollar figure will not really affect the team's long-term strategy.

I might be totally mistaken, but I thought this was the sort of contract
Wallace was implying the team couldn't offer to Bryant Stith because it
would put them into Luxury Tax land a year from now.  Were (are) they
actually contemplating offering Stith more than this?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but mustn't they have used their middle class
exception to make this deal?  Palacio has no Bird rights, right?  So that
leaves them with about $1m to use if they need any other FA (other than
Stith, who's Bird rights they must hold)?

Jim