Re: interesting NBA notes

Yeah, after having given the matter a little more thought I have to agree
with you Alex. Robinson (and his 36 and counting years) would be most likely
represent a monkey-wrench to what is shaping up as the Celts' current plan
to get more athletic, quicker, better at defending and attacking the
perimeter.

Sorry for thinking out loud and posting before digesting my thoughts ;?)

I still expect the Spurs to re-sign Robinson and Webber to Re-sign with
Sacto. I guess I got carried away with the excitement of visions of Webber
and Duncan versus Shaq (Webber played pretty soft in the last series -
perhaps what he needs is a go-to guy like Duncan to take the pressure off).
My guess is you get those two together and you don't really have to worry
which is the 5 and which the 4 - particularly with the elimination of the
illegal D.

On other topics: I can't say that I'm that disappointed that we are not
pursuing Nazr Mohammed. The Cs brass would presumably know more about him
than virtually any one else in the league. Add to that the fact that
Mohammed is not a shot-blocker (our worst deficiency) and that he has
struggled under less than optimum conditions - just like our own centers!
(Can you think of anything less optimum - short of not playing at all - for
a center than headless-chicken monkey-outbreak?). After the draft (which I'm
still excited about) I'm willing to go along with Wallace on Mohammed.

I've got to admit I'm glad we didn't have a convoluted draft-day trade - I'm
very interested to see what each of our draftees can do. I don't think
playing time will be a problem for the first year at least. I'd envision Joe
J getting time at the point as well as at SG (indeed that may be his
eventual 'position' if such a word has meaning on this team). Same for Joe
F. With Kedrick's leaping ability he'll be able to play the 3 with ease and
who knows if he doesn't sneak ahead of Moiso on the depth charts given his
all around game? It will be refreshing to be able to turn to the bench for
energy and points once again. Bring back the sixth man!

Cheers -TomM