Re: interesting NBA notes

Yes it's a shame that ownership who built the team out of their risk capital
and sweat equity should have to sell out to those who will look at ownership
as another Rolex watch.  That will really improve the league.  A few more
Clipper type owners will be better then ownership that works to run a viable
team?  The Blazers?  What a joke.  Dallas is fun and I like Cuban's
involvement but he will do more to screw up the league then make it better.

The league needs more Gaston's.  Lower the salary's, lower the ticket
prices, food etc...  People refer to the yahoos who boo Walker at the Fleet
Center.  When money is the only price of admission these are the folks your
going to get.  The atmosphere is like the movie "Rollerball".  You yourself
offered that if tickets to a development league were $8 you'd go to every
game.  Minor league hockey and baseball in the Boston area are 3 X that per
game.

I'll support local ownership over someone who is buying into the league for
ego.

As far as saying "the players are at fault" I would say lets cap payroll at
$20 mm per team.  Period.  Why choose $50mm over $20mm?  Then let's disallow
guaranteed contracts.  Then let's create revenue sharing between teams and
create a fund that they have to pay into and make the teams pay for their
own stadiums.

A league that operates on the basis of "he who has the most money wins" is a
not a "league", IMO.  If the basis of the league is competition between
teams, your model will not work.

Your reference to Bob Kraft is interesting as he was a true fan for many
years.  A season ticket holder who sat in the stands in one of the most
miserable stadiums in the world.  There is a love for the team that drives
his ownership.  Not a charm on his bracelet.  Someone who wants to run a
class organization.  Not some guy that needs to buy a team to make friends.

I strongly doubt Kraft bought the team for the benefit of his tombstone. His
philanthropic activities are more then enough to cover that.

<Jim