re: alvin williams

Hi Joe,

I remembered that trade. I think the media backlash played a big part
in the "failed" physical. I really think Pitino backed out, the
physical was just the excuse. Since the non-trade and the entrance of
Lenny Wilkens, Williams has played starter minutes. If the knee is bad
(I think it was supposed to be bone on bone thing), he would be
sitting ala Michael Steward.

Remember the other guy included in the trade - nz guy - Sean Marks? I
remembered during the trade, Wallace was praising him , saying he has
been in his radar for some time now. Well, now Marks is available,
after journeying thru various teams. I think Wallace was just talking
up the trade. I think Pitino just wanted to get rid of Fortson,
regardless of returns. Pitino's a bad trader (minus value type)

I think even if the trade had gone thru, I bet A Williams would not
have played well under Pitino, judging from the results of other
celtic players.

I think Milt can be the one. I really like Milt. He is improving
everytime I see him play on TV ( 2-3 times). With our type of
basketball and personnel , I think we are more effective with such
PGs. We just need the PG to bring up the ball, pass it to the go-to
guy (Antione, PP and later JJ/K Brown - who has ball handling skills)
and the offense will run from there. I catagorise Milt to be of same
group as DJ, Charlie Ward, Eric Snow, Howard Eisley. It would be a
waste of resources (under utilise) if Marbury/Brevin Knight/Stoudamire
manning the point for us.

I would be quite pissed if we are unable to resign Milt.

cheers
kevin