"Night & Day."

Title: "Night & Day."
Unbeleivable win. The first half was bad as I've seen the team. Turnovers, no rebounding, late coverage on defense, Walker shooting 1-8, Pierce not scoring and getting early fouls. It was depressing. The third period started the same, but I kept telling myself that Detroit was looking to let us stay in the game. They were committing turnovers at an alarming rate also. Walker hit three threes to keep us from being blown out, after we trailed by 16 several times and then, Pierce just caught fire. No one could stop him.
Vitaly and Blount managed 19 and 12, not too shaby. Eric Williams contributed and Brown managed 8 assists. Anderson was tentative, but showed he will play in the flow. Stith is in a real shooting slump, actualy except for Pierce and Walker there was no other offense,for most of the game, hence the 17 turnovers the two of them amassed.
Detroit came out firing, great ball movement, hitting everything. They played better with Stackhouse on the bench early, with three fouls. When he returned they became predictable and stopped passing, except late in the clock shot and those who were knocking down shots early, were now forced to hurry and were missing. Sound familiar? Down the stretch, Stackhouse had to have the ball in his hands and missed a few and was called for travelling twice, etc.....
Funny, Detroit lost the game, presumably, because it's star took over the game when the others had it won and conversely Boston's stars took over, and won it, after the others proved inept, although there was a big jumper by Brown and a great tip in by Blount and a big three from the corner by Williams in the last three minutes to hold off the Pistons, who cut the lead to five, after Pierce and Walker missed threes and Brown turned it over in the backcourt.
JB

--

Unchain My Heart!