Re: Was... Now Kidd ,Battie, Herren.

>From: Jim Hill <jahill@leasingservice.com>
>
>I am. . . Anonymous  made the statement:
>>The fans at the Fleet Center should NOT have boo'd
>>Jason Kidd like that.  At least those drunk morons
>>weren't booing their own home team, but I thought
>>booing Kidd was inappropriate.  Stupid fans.
>
>At first, that's what I thought.
>
>But then I thought, "Tough".  Don't beat your wife, don't get boo'd.
>
>I don't want my kid's to emulate or respect a "bad person".  If booing
>drives these guys out of pro sports or makes them lose their ad revenues, I
>don't care.

Hi Jim, I understand your point of view, but it all boils down to the
fact that you seem to want kids in general to emulate pro atheletes.
I wouldn't want kids to do that, at all.  If they need "role models",
what's the matter with their parents, or teachers, or major (or even
minor) figures in history (like Einstein, Martin Luther King, Gandhi,
et al.)?  Seems to me that there are a lot more deserving people to
emulate than a pro athelete.  I concur with Charles Barkley in his
famous statement about being a role model.  Maybe atheletes could be
role models for sports (and not their private lives), and in that
sense, Jason Kidd is an excellant role model for basketball players.

To me, what happened between Kidd and his wife is between Kidd and
his wife, and those people who need to get involved (i.e. the police
who took her statement, attorneys, the presiding judge, and the
like).  It's none of my business.  If it's true, does it make Kidd a
bad person?  Not necessarily.  People make mistakes.

I think fans ought to boo opposing playes, when it's a all-in-fun
sports-oriented thing, like booing the Knicks, the 80's Pistons, the
Lakers -- you know, because they're the opposing team and one is
supposed to boo them, and cheer for the home team.  The systematic
booing of a player, I think, is inappropriate, unless, of course, he
got into a fight with one of our players, said nasty things about the
Celts in the papers, or some such.  Sports-related, in other words.

Regards,

Bill, Celtic "Tird"