Thanks Cecil.

Title: Thanks Cecil.
Great stats on the C's defensive turnaround:
       ************
Just checking some numbers on the team, and I see that:

1. With Pitino as coach, we averaged 93.76 ppg
2. With Pitino as coach, we allowed 98.29 ppg
3. With Obie as coach, we are averaging 90.88 ppg
4. With Obie as coach, we are allowing 90.88 ppg

Though we've been scoring a little less since the change, our D has allowed
almost a full 8 points less per game.  That is no small accomplishment and
Obie and the players deserve credit for a considerable improvement over the
9 games.

At that rate, we would be among the elite teams in the league defensively:

1. Knicks             84.2
2. Heat                85.8
3. Hornets           87.9
4. Sixers              89.1
5. Spurs               89.7
6. Blazers             90.3
7. Celts                90.8
8. Hawks             90.9

Cecil

What we see from this is a team that is playing defense well enough to be a playoff team. Add Tony Battie and it could get even better. Now the trick is to score a few more points per game without giving back as many more.
   Anderson and Potapenko will outscore Palacio and Blount, but at what cost? This will be the task of O'Brien. He has Carr also, and perhaps can weave all of these players through the game, aware of matchups,to increase the margin of points to points allowed.
   Finaly something tangible to hang our hats on.
JB
--

Unchain My Heart!