Re: another indictment

Kestas wrote:

"How many players has Ricky screwed up like that over his coaching career?"

Judging by his overall record, I'd say not nearly as many as he made better
than they otherwise would have been. To say Pitino "screwed up" Jerome Moiso
is more than a little unfair, don't you think? For all the hulabaloo over
O'Brien's "regular" use of Moiso, he's still averaging just six minutes per
game and didn't play at all last night. I wonder how many minutes he'd be
getting with a healthy Tony Battie in the rotation. Pitino is a convenient
scapegoat for every Celtic who hasn't performed this season. They can point
a finger at him instead of looking at themselves.
Look, I like the tightened rotation O'Brien is using, but the reason the
Celtics are playing better is because Walker, Pierce and most of the rest of
the roster accomplished their mission of getting rid of Pitino and now are
playing harder. Let's see how long that lasts. It won't be long. They've
shown their true character, and it will be exposed again in the long run.
Finally, I can't believe a long-time, knowledgeable Celtics fan like Joe H.
is actually making excuses for Antoine Walker pouting over not getting
enough "touches." I guess I've seen it all. Spin that any way you want, but
it's selfish. Period. It's the kind of comment any of us would find
repugnant if uttered by Iverson, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant or anyone else
not wearing green.
Mark