Ed Cota

Interesting article about Tarheel PG Ed Cota, currently playing in the CBA.
At 6-2, he's not undersized - wonder why RP & co. didn't give him a look
when they were shaking trees for the likes of Miracle Milt...

http://www.cbahoops.com/steelheads/011701skrbina.shtml

Anybody know when Herren is expected back?

Love the different energy of O'Brien (Joe, Obie-won is a great
moniker!).  I'm glad he's doing a rotation, though when I flipped on the GS
game I saw Carr and McCarty on the floor - thought they were the odd men
out...  Very happy that Moiso is getting some time, and good for Antoine! I
wonder if he's going to end up playing better on the road because of the
pressure of his anti-fans at the Fleet.  Hope he gets a good homecoming.

Look at some of the words I used in the previous para: love, glad, happy,
hope... Win or lose, that's a different outlook on the team.   Mostly I am
just plain thrilled that Pitino is gone.

Ainge in the front office is not going to put fans in the Fleet or rekindle
hope. Yes, he was part of a few championships, but how many people were
hugely upset when he was traded for Ed Pinckney?

I really, really want us to be in the lottery this year - there's just too
much long-term talent to pass up: DaJuan Wagner, Troy Murphy, Jason
Richardson, Griffen, Joe Johnson, etc.   I wish the Cs well the rest of the
season, but would rather see Moiso & Herren get good chunks of development
time in lieu of Ws . Next year we'll finally get an additional scorer in
Sesar, add at least one big talent through the draft, and see what else
sifts out.   I'm getting good vibes from Antoine - love the assists! Now we
just need to get him & PP another player or two.

  --Ellie