Re: A Kingly Game

>From: "Cecil Wright" <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>
>  The Celtic Tird wrote:
>
>  > If Pierce comes alive in the fourth quarter, maybe we win.  Maybe the
>  > extended bench time had something to do with it.
>
>Pierce got in foul trouble.

I looked in the box score, and Pierce had 5 pfs.  I don't know how
many he had while he was on the bench, but I would have liked to have
seen him in the game if he had 4.  Walker was on fire and needed a
rest (imo) between quarters to come out and have a great fourth
quarter.  I think Obie went with a "Paul Pierce , with some rest,
comes out and has a great fourth" which is a reasonable thing to do,
but PP wasn't hitting the shots, and, as you pointed out earlier,
took them when Antoine, he of the steller performance, should be
gearing up for the big finish.

Ah, well, it's fine indeed to discuss little tweakings of player
substitutions in a close, hard-fought game such as we saw.  Much
rather be doing this than talking about how they laid down and died.

>Someone wrote they thought that a
>healthy Griffin would have received mention in the 8 man rotation Obie wants
>to employ, but, alas.....  What happens when Herren returns?

Hopefully, the rotation includes 9 at that point.  We need Herren,
whether or not KA comes back before he does; those two, with Brown,
ought to be the three-man PG rotation.  I'd keep Mega Milt (or any
other fourth pg, just pick one, dammit!) on the roster as well.
Never know.  Not with our point injury problems/potentials.  Obie
seems to like the three-man swingman rotation of Pierce, Stith and
Williams, which is good, as long as Williams is the odd man out in
that equation.  Walker at the four, with one of the centers backing
him up, and the three-headed center of Blount, Potapenko and Battie
(when he returns).

OK, that's ten.  Who's lost?  I don't know.  And this is with Moiso
getting no minutes, too.  You've gotta figure Blount, even if he is
starting now, because Battie theoretically gives the first unit that
shotblokcing/defending presence, and because Potapenko is still
tantalizingly close to being a decent offensive threat.

When Griffin gets healthy, he takes over for Carr as the replacement
swingman with spot minutes until he gets his game back (please), and
then, who knows?  Replaces Williams in the swingman rotation?

Regards,

Celtics "Tird"