Re: O'Brien's two cents

--- Cecil sarcastically wrote:

Dropping 47 and 13 on CWebb seems to signify that he's part of the problem
though. I mean, did you see all the shots he had to take to get that 47?
Get rid of him.

--- Patrick Goggin sarcastically wrote:
So let's hear it everybody. . .It was "selfish" 47. .
. The 13 assists were "easy. . ." If it wasn't for
those missed 3-pointers, we could've won the game. .
.He let Webber score 30. . .Maybe now would be the
perfect time to trade him for a real power forward. .
.Maybe the lakers would take him off our hands for
Horace Grant. . .With a real PF, we could unleash
Vitaly on the NBA.
--- end of quote ---

People, do you even watch the games?!? You can't compare Antoine's play last night with his play against the T'wolves, and it's not because he scored 47 points last night. It was like night and day. His scoring last night came from within the team offense, he took good shots (which is partly why he hit so many) he got all of his teammates involved from the very beginning, he ran the fast break properly, and even played defense! Unfortunately, it's not always so, and he mostly didn't do these things against Minnesota. But you try make it look like he did, it just that his shots weren't going in, and we " Antoine bashers" got all over him because of it. It seems to me that you're really straining to make your point here...
We lost because Sacramento is a much better team than Minnesota, because they were shooting the lights out despite a good defensive effort on our part, and because Pierce had an off game, having to deal with the much bigger Stojakovic on both ends of the court. Still, I'm very happy with their play in this game. Jim O'Brien is getting a lot more out of these same players, because he's doing sensible things that have been proven to work in the NBA. Just as some of us had predicted such a coach would....

Kestas