Re: Some random thoughts

--- You wrote:
Interesting, Kestas. Couple of questions, though: from where did you
find out that the players were taped? (I hear Tommy going on about
how they ought to, so that's where I got my information from; your
source might be more reliable in this area).
--- end of quote ---

Well, they sent Willie or whoever to check on that and a bit later Gorman reported that they were indeed taped up (Battie and Anderson).

--- You wrote:
And, would you advise
NBA players to tape or not to tape, given the uncertainty of
positive effects?
--- end of quote ---

Not that they'd care about my advice, but I think they should be taped. This is in the "can't hurt, might help" category.

--- You wrote:
Well, KA does have this tendency to show you the goods and then
snatch them back -- remember the first few games after he was first
traded for? Yet, it is the reality of the C's point guard woes that
we actually need him.
--- end of quote ---

Yeah, I guess so.... I just don't know sometimes whether his net effect is positive or not.

--- You wrote:
You're probably right, but are they actually trapping less?
--- end of quote ---

They seemed to be, although it's hard to substantiate that without timing the various defensive schemes and making categorical judgments about what is and what is not a trap.

Kestas