Re: Road Warriors

--- You wrote:
"What saved the Celtics was that finally he realized
that being eaten alive by Garnett & Co and taking
ill-timed 3s wasn't helping his All-Star bid (not that
he has a chance of getting it) and started feeding
Pierce, who was just unstoppable. It also probably
earned him at least 10 of his 12 assists, because he
rarely passes to anyone else."

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
Your comments are so slanted towards the negative and
with no factual basis at all. Toine fed Pierce for
easy layups and open jumpers numerous times. Toine
shot horribly today but nevertheless found ways to
help his team. Wow, the Celts win and all you
Boobirds do is diss on Toine? Hey, the Celts WON.
Get over the negativity folks, we're going to the playoffs!
--- end of quote ---

Well, I'm pretty sure it's pointless to argue with people who open with a statement like "You obviously don't know what you're talking about", but what the heck.

My comments are not "slanted towards the negative" - I'm very happy that the Celtics won, I've never booed the team, I don't hate (or love) Walker - I simply reported what I saw in yesterday's game (as opposed to your rant, which seemed to describing the unfair treatment Walker generally gets from his detractors). My statements have at least some factual basis: for example, I guessed that at least 10 of Walker's 12 assists came off Pierce, and I was right - 10 of his assists did come from passing to Pierce. There's nothing wrong with it per se; the problem is, Walker sometimes ignores his other teammates and that is detrimental to the team in ways that are a bit more subtle and harder to quantify than the gaudy triple-double.

I thought it was very evident that he was playing no defense and exhibiting horrible shot selection, which is the reason he shot so poorly. I just don't understand why we have to ignore a player's bad play just because they won or, conversely, trash everyone's play because they lost. Why does our perception of a particular player's play in a game have to be so colored by the game's outcome? Any critical comments about a player's performance seem to be termed "negativity" by some, especially if the team won. I don't know about you, but this list would be very boring and not worth participating in if all discourse was reduced to "Woo-hoo, we won!" after wins and "They sucked!" after losses.

Kestas