Danny for GM

Ok, let me say first off that Danny is my all-time favorite Celtic player
since I began watching the NBA.
A question was posed as to why we would consider someone with no GM
experience, well Danny didn't
have any coaching experience either but seemed to do well from what I can
remember. And not just because
he shipped Robert Horry off immediately after the towel throwing incident.

Are there more experienced GMs that are really available? Josh - I don't
think that Bill Russell would take that job,
nor probably anyone else from that older era of the NBA. I will probably get
jumped on for this, but why would we
want Russell as GM? The game has changed from when he played, coached and
would be a huge headache for him.
Why would Donnie Walsh even consider Boston? Bernie Bickerstaff has GM
experience, but we don't want him do we?
I think that the state of things at the Fleet Center would probably scare
away those experienced, similar to how easy
it is attracting big free agents. Of course, bringing in Danny with coaching
experience would keep them from making
the mistake of offering the reins to their next coach as both coach and gm.
Which we all know that Rick really was,
regardless of Chris Wallace's title. Who knows, perhaps it would allow them
to bring in a less experienced coach
into the mix. Would I like McHale, sure, but I don't know why he would come
back to Boston. I vote for Danny, he has
the right idea trying to get some talent in town. He really helped Phoenix
turn the corner in my opinion while he was
there. Then again, maybe he didn't, and my Danny bias is still ringing true.

RE: trades -
Mark, why on earth would LA part with Kobe? even with all of the talk, I
would still think that shaq-fu might have to go somewhere
else. But, hey I would love to see nothing more than the downfall of the
lakers (other than perhaps the knicks).

Shammond Williams - is he worth a player and a pick? There aren't many
players that are worth a multi-player trade (besides
Vitaly of course).

I would trade for Bibby, Rahim or Van Horn.

Locally, here in Philly everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop with
Iverson. If they start losing, and Iverson stops coming to practice, starts
having problems with Larry Brown again, or starts trying to rap during
halftime, Billy King will start trying to trade
him. But, as long as they are winning, they will endure him (a la Dennis
Rodman with the Bulls).

just my thoughts.

Don