Re: Antoine's game vs. Minnesota

----- Original Message -----

> No, there's no such thing as a "poor triple double".

Yes, there is. We saw it last night.

> Did you ever
> see Larry Bird having a bad shooting night, but still have a triple double?
> Did everyone bash him? I don't think so! Walker works his damn butt off.

Let's not compare Bird's game to Walker's, OK? There's poor shooting (taking good shots but not hitting them), which is OK, and then there's stupid and selfish play on offense. There's a difference.

> Did you see him slack during the game?

Yes, I did, on defense.

> The best way out of a shooting slump is to keep shooting. If he didn't have
> 12 rebounds and 12 assists, THEN you can start complaining. He must have
> done somthing to get those assists!

People, you're getting blinded by the stats. There's more to the game than stats.
He was just killing the team play with his ball-hogging, ill-advised shots, complete disregard of his teammates (except for Pierce later in the game), and not even a token attempt to play defense. He was clearly trying to turn this game into a mano-a-mano contest with KG, outplaying whom, in Antoine's mind, would strengthen his bid to become an All-Star. All it did, though, was demonstrate the vast difference between the two. Garnett was killing 'Toine on both ends with disdainful efficiency, all within the team framework. Antoine, at times, looked like that swimmer in the Olympics who nearly drowned before he could complete the race. If you look at their stats, you'd think that 'Toine outplayed KG; in reality, it was no contest. Yes, the Celtics won the game, but they won it because Antoine's teammates played tough D, Blount and Brown had really good games, and Pierce was unstoppable. Whatever positive contribution An

Kestas