Re: Pitino vs. the players

>Thanks guys for making sure the coach got fired and you all played to less
than your capabilities because you didn't want him to work out. Hope the
next coach is more to your liking. I pray that he doesn't sit your ass when
you don't play up to his expectations because you may pull the same shit all
over again. And by the way guys....how do you feel about accepting pay for
not putting out your best effort? What's that? I couldn't hear ya! If any
players ever put out less than their best effort in an attempt to get the
coach shitcanned, I won't be cheering for them. You may like it, but not me.
And if you think any coach who is capable of turning this franchise around
would stand for that, well, I don't want him either. If they did it once,
what do you suppose they will do for the next coach who wants to emphasize
defense?

Thank you Cecil, for saying this better than I could have. Regardless of how
you feel about Pitino, I can't believe anyone would condone laying down like
these guys did (and it wasn't just in Miami... it dates back to the Philly
debacle at home). I don't care if they feel they're better off without
Pitino. To be honest, I don't care about these players at all anymore.

As for the veracity of that report... I guess I feel it's beside the point.
It just gave a voice to something we've seen for a month or more. Whether
actually spoken or not, the sentiments certainly were true.

Mark