Re: Walker

George stated:
>Not to defend Walker but he had several shots that were right there but just
>wouldn't drop. His technical foul was a joke since he was yelling to Jim
>O'Brien and got T'd by the ref who though he was yelling at him (the Portland
>players were very amused by this). Also he fouled out with very little time
>left and the game already lost. The fans were giving him a royal booing on
>every missed shot.

Actually I was at the game and no more then 20 feet from Walker when he was
T'd.  He said something to the Ref as he ran by him.  O'Brien wasn't who he
was talking to, IMO.

Also the booing was for poor shot selection.  The shots he missed under the
basket was because he didn't finish them strong.  For whatever reason he
just can't/won't play above the rim.

Stith was 5 for 5, VP hit everything given him.  Walker just doesn't play
team ball when the game appears to be on the line.  That said, there is a
positive that he is willing to take the abuse to try to win the game
himself, unfortunately that doesn't work in the NBA.  He'll learn that with
an NBA coach I believe.

Also the Celtics had ZERO chance of winning this game at any time.  Dunleavy
should get a thank you card from O'Brien for not blowing out the team in his
debut.

Dunleavy coached like a gentleman and his team played with class.  Pippen
even gave a little girl(11-12 Yrs. old) his arm band after the game as she
requested while he was lingering on the floor after the game with a couple
other players.  This is different from the Celtics who bolt off the floor
after a game.

<Jim