Re: Pitino (well, what else would it be?)

>From: Jeremy <jwarren@eecs.tufts.edu>
>
>Bill, I'm sure you're a good person, but you're defense of Pitino is
>ridiculous.  Yes he worked hard, but for $7,000,000 per year, you better
>work your butt off.  And to say he's knowledgeable or smart after what
>we've seen for the last four years is stunning.  Sure he knows his Xs and
>Os, but he wouldn't know what discipline is if he caught it sleeping with
his wife.

Actually, Jeremy, you've got it ass-backwards: I'm not really a very
good person but I do know what I'm talking about here.  At least, I
think so.

You fall into the usual knee-jerk Pitino bashers' trap of saying that
everything that even hints at discussing this subject reasonably is
somehow a "defense" of Pitino.  I neither defend nor attack Pitino.
I think he actually _did_ work his "butt off" -- it just didn't pay
any real dividends.

I reject the whole dichotomy of either being a Pitino apologist or a
basher of him.  He is what he is.  His track record with the C's is
much like the team as it is assembled right now: mediocre.  Neither
great/championship nor Chicago/"miserably failing".  No doubt most
people would not agree with that.  Imo, they are incorrect.  By
saying he's not a knowledgable or smart basketball person, you pretty
much make my point in the original post.  Congratulations.

Regards,

Bill, Celtics "Tird"