Re: Pitino (well, what else would it be?)

>From: Georgek27@AOL.com

>He [Pitino] never got the point guard he needed. Wesley was not it.
>Neither was
>Billups. Then he made the same mistake several others made by thinking Kenny
>was the man. Maybe his successor will get one.

Maybe.  Btw, I agree with your point here; he never did get his
prototypical point guard, which is probably necessary to make his
system work.  Maybe most the the blame for that lies with him, it's
true, but if he gets that PG, maybe things turn out differently.

>The "Press" (also known by many other unflattering terms on this list) is
>often blamed for so many of our woes and often sighted as the reason Pitino
>should have stayed in college. Does anyone know how many minutes per game the
>C's actually use the press? I watch every game on Direct TV and I'd say that
>the average is probably around 5 minutes.

I'd say less than that.  The C's trap a lot in the half-court but
rarely whip out the press.  That I can see, anyway.

>Sometimes it's effective, sometimes
>a mixed bag, and sometimes a disaster. In itself it's a very small part of
>the problem.

Again, I agree.  However, you'll still see a lot of "the press
doesn't work; Pitino sucks!" kinds of things around here.

Regards,

Bill