Another Change

Well, it looks as though even the great Rick Pitino can't get blood from

a turnip.  The all time great franchise has consisted of 2 future
big-time players in Pierce and Walker and then a bunch of role players,
at best for the last few years.  I think Rick did the best anyone could
do as a coach.  I also think he reached a level of at least mediocrity
as GM by getting Stith and Herren for disgruntled/non-productive
players.  I am and have been a Pitino apologist.  I make no apologies
for that.  I do think that noone else would have done any better over
the last 4 years.  I, too, am disappointed by the results.  I. also had
grand expectations.
    As for the next coach- We are most likely lottery bound until we
find a legitimate inside presence.  We should give former Celtic great
DJ a chance at the helm.  We should allow him low expectations until
Larry Bird buys the team and brings in some players.  Like Dorine
mentioned, we need an owner to commit to spending the money on what we
need.
    ps Does anyone else still wonder what this team would've been like
if we brought in an NBA best Pippen to build around?

Starke