Pitino's digs on the block

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but the Inside Track gals from the Herald
reported that Pitino is putting his Comm Ave (?) townhouse on the
market.  He says it's because he has a kid heading to college next year.
What, he didn't know that before he bought the house?  The biggest thing I
can't stand about RP is that he is such a blatant and big-time liar.  The
next biggest thing I can't stand is that he is a screaming Mimi. And the
third biggest thing is that he is a New Yorker. No wonder he didn't play
well in Boston - a lying, screaming Mimi with a New York accent.

Damon Stoudamire, speaking for the Portland players, told coach Mike
Dunleavy that he needed to stick a sock in it and quite coaching from the
sidelines during games. And Dunleavy listened. And the Blazers have played
much better as a result.  They said how distracting it was to have one ear
tuned to the sidelines and always be looking over there, that it made for
no flow of the game. Anyone in Boston listening?

Pierce recently made some comments about offense, saying that guys have
been used to playing a certain way for years and it's hard to change that
(so they need to concentrate on D).  Agreed about playing D, but it was a
bit unsettling to hear him say that players were stuck in their own O and
that was that.  I think that is one of the things that needs to change.
Pierce and Walker, and most other kids who make it to the NBA other than
point guards, are probably pretty used to being one man shows for much of
their life (though at least Toine had RP as a college coach).  And what the
NBA needs is more team play, not more individual play.

Looking forward to seeing Marc Jackson in the GS game tonight. I don't know
much about him other than he is an unheralded, undrafted, forward/center
who is now the darling of fantasy leagues everywhere, having taken over
Fortson's rebounding, and added scoring and blocks of his own (6-10, 270#).

Regarding Antoine v. Pierce: Toine has heart and loyalty. He can pass and
dribble, and play 4 positions. He doesn't drink and drug. And he can be a
knucklehead.   Pierce doesn't have the heart that Antoine does. He's way
talented, but will never lead a team, and fades out periodically - he's
just not as strong as Antoine (think Pippen vs Jordan, on a B-level).  I
think Toine is more valuable to the team. And, I would play him at the
3  (give him an Aaron Williams or somebody at the 4).  I'd keep them both,
but if push came to shove, I'd keep Walker.

Will RP leave before the trading deadline? I hope so!  I would expect the
west coast trip to put the nail in the coffin, but the Cs haven't been
playing any better at home...  Agreed that UNLV is a perfect fit for
Pitino. I don't think he'd be interested in coaching in Bob Knight's shadow.

  --Ellie