Re: What Do You Think Will Happen First?

>True. That seems to be the main difference between him and Larry Brown. I
>mean Brown has made some questionable personnel moves, but he seems to get
>a lot out of some guys who were previously marginal talents.
>
>Alex

You're right Alex, and this is why I'm beginning to wonder whether one or
both of Pierce/Walker should be moved at all. I've been of the opinion for
a while now that if nothing "big" is done this team is never going to
improve. The Celtics seemingly have nothing inside...absolutely nothing.
The worst collection of "big men" in the league. Add the stiffs up front
together with the stiffs at point guard, toss in all the years left on
those miserable contracts and it seems like you're stuck long term with
seeing nothing but half-assed miserable basketball. Now it certainly could
be that someone like Larry Brown could come in and get more out these so
called NBA players, but how much more can you realistically expect? This
doesn't let Ricky off the hook however. He still has to bear some
responsibilty for this team's inability to figure out what to do at the end
of close games, and their collective inability to defend. However, I've
been all for a new gm coming in and trying to upgrade more than one
position by trading one of Pierce/Walker along with Kenny, Pots, Battie,
Griffin pick any and all and why not throw in a draft pick for good
measure. While losing one of the first two would hurt I think having all
the others around and actually "playing" hurts much more. Kenny, Pots,
Griffin, Battie and the rest are seemingly just worthless.
But...perhaps...maybe, after having said all that I've been coming back
lately to Pitino COACH/gm. Why should anybody give this guy the benefit of
any doubt? Maybe his coaching ability at this level really does match his
ability as gm...maybe he is in way over his head and someone else could
come in and make a serious difference. Maybe a different coach can make
someone like Pots a semi-productive/decent NBA center and not the vast
wasteland in the middle he appears to be. So maybe you stick with the
talent and just see what happens after you finally get rid of Pitino which
should be....in the next 15 mins. I don't know. I'm confused and frustrated
and need to take a nap. I'm tired...worn out...by the way, we haven't
gotten any posts from Paris lately. Have I missed something?

Paul M.