Re: Interim Coach

There is no way that Larry will ever coach the C's. Buy the team (with
backers)? Yes. GM and run the team? Yes, but not coach. He is smart
enough to know that his star can't possibly get any brighter in Boston.
His legend can only go down. He won't coach them to a title and most
likely not the playoffs immediately. Can you imagine the boo-birds
getting on him after a 5 game losing streak? Why would he want that? His
best move is to run them from the front office. Maybe not even the GM.
Maybe he would not like making trades and dealing with agents/contracts.
I think he should evaluate the talent and then get a GM that will carry
out his wishes.

Speaking of the boobirds, I was at a couple of games recently and it is
just sickening the way (mean spirited, possible not even C's fans)
people just start the heckling with under a minute to go on their way
out. Just bitter people. I don't like what I am seeeing on the court
(for the better part of a decade) either, but I watched Hondo and Larry
work too hard for too long to have people boo the uniform. Send hate
mail to the appropriate players/coaches, sit on your hands if you want,
but don't boo. Just my .02. As an aside, what does anyone on this list
think about C's stock at 7 1/2? If you think that Gaston will sell in
12-24 mos and he recenlt bought 125,000 in the 10 range would it not be
wise to pick up some here and possibly souble/triple your $?