Re: No Magic for C's today

>Mike King wrote:
>
>Welcome back my avian friend! Yes we are Celtics fans and even
>though our star hasn't been shining very bright in many a moon I
>still leave the desert compound festooned in Celtic gear (Also Pats,
>Bruins and especially RED SOX!!)I take much abuse from folks @ the
>local watering hole but my time will come again!

I'm from tropical Honolulu, Hawai`i, but the first time I saw an NBA
game (in 1974), I saw the Team In Green and stated my intention to
follow the team in perpetuity and haven't strayed since.  Strangely,
I also saw a Red Sox game in the same year and started to follow
them, as well.  Little did I know of the curse, but hey, that's the
team I chose, so so be it.  I buy into into it 100% or none at all,
that's the nature of sports fandom as far as I'm concerned.

>It is the same feeling people have towards the Skankees, Cowboys or
>Fakers and I can't wait until that look of disdain once again adorns
>peoples faces when spying my Celtics hats or shirts etc.!!!!

The worm will turn, my friend.  It _will_ turn.  It will take longer
than most think, but that is also the nature of modern-day sports.

>No as Cecil pointed out folks seem to see the glass as half empty
>even after the delicious hail Maria(Sorry I'm Portuguese!)by "Mega"
>Milt Palacios to bring down the Nets! I love whenever "Mega" does
>anything significant Tommy relates his "Not to shabby for a guy who
>was sitting in his living room watching the NBA a few weeks ago"
>missive!!

Ain't that the way?  I doubted Palacio's signing (more Pitino "he's
got a great point guard body" I thought) -- and that may turn out to
be true, but props to Mega Milt for making the shot.  You've got to
give him that, and Tommy Gun's opinion is well taken -- this guy was
a "nobody" and then he makes the shot; you can't ask for more, imo.
Hope he works out, but the revolving door point guard in the Pitino
era makes me wonder.  I liked Wayne Turner best (Tyus Edney second
best) but Milt may just work out, who knows?

>Palacios was not someone that I remembered and I was baffled @ his
>signing initially.

Geez, I thought this was a foolish signing, myself.  I'm still not
convinced it wasn't, but Palacio has entered an elite club: those who
have made improbable game-winning shots -- kudos to him and I hope
that someone taped the game and gives it to his kids.  Good damn job,
Milt, and my hats off to you.  Why can't a fan glory in this, I
wonder?  Heaven forfend.

>Our [Nets fan] pal will look good in GREEN!!.

Yes. Yes. Yes.  He deserves no less, (being a Joisey fan and all) and
quite a bit more.  He's lucky you didn't bet something truly
embarassing like parading around in his underwear.  It's an honor to
wear the green, and I hope he has the guts to do it proud.

>>  Seriously, I think I might attempt coitus if it was physically possible.
>
>Use a condom Bill.

Safe sex is good sex, mein freund.

Regards,

Bill