Re: EXCLUSIVE: Sneaky Pitino Planning Exit

From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>

>And here's Part II.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was waiting breathelessly, myself.

>Who is this mysterious person that Il Duce met
>with and what would his next coaching assignment be?
>
>Why, it's the very rich chairman of Mirage Resorts -
>Steve Wynn, who allegedly flew to Boston from his
>Vegas headquarters to meet with Pitino.

When did this list turn into some sort of gossip column?  Does anyone
believe that this is any sort of reliable information?  Seriously,
I've got a bridge to sell you -- the
in-the-process-of-being-renovated Ross Island Bridge here in PDX
springs to mind.  I mean, Ray/kai/whatever do you even _think_ of
offering some supporting evidence for this, or what?

>a very keen interest in UNLV's basketball program:
>the Running (usually from the law) Rebels.

Cheap shot, imo.

>And Pitino, a friend of Wynn's
>is a perfect candidate to regenerate the UNLV program
from its latest NCAA-imposed doldrums.

Been hearing this sort of thing for years and years.  Get back to me
when you find something new.

Bill, Celtics "Tird" Extraordinaire