Vescey on 'Toine, C's

http://www.nypost.com/sports/23853.htm

Breaks down the Eastern Conference playoff picture...

"CELTICS: There's a pulse in the parquet, after all.
Jim O'Brien's Vitamin C's won eight of 10 to close out
the first half and sneaked into the eighth spot before
hitting the Western trails hard for an extended road
show.

What an indictment on Antoine Walker not to play up to
capability until Rick Pitino split! How does a guy who
averages 9.6 RPG still shy away from contact (only
five FTA's per game) when he has the ball?

After nearly having his number retired posthumously,
Paul Pierce (24.5 ppg) is having a career year. Aside
to Paul Gaston; extend O'Brien now, before he leaves
to clean up Pitino's next mess"

Gee Pete, maybe because Antoine can't buy a call from
the refs could have something to do with why he
doesn't get to the line. I don't think I've ever seen
someone accuse Antoine of "shying away from contact"
He takes it to the hole alot, and I think, gets
hammered alot.

On another night, I like the little sweeping hook shot
Antoine has developed lately. It's becoming his
"go-to" shot. Doesn't get it blocked, either.

He also had a nasty left handed dunk last night. A
move rarely seen by him. Swung the ball by the
defender, took a step and delivered the facial to the
defender. Pretty impressive.