From: Michael Griffin [mailto:mgriffin@rillc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 4:18 PM
To: Liles, Donald; celtics@igtc.com
Subject: RE: latest win streak

I completely understand where you are coming from.  I could see a give-up if
they go 1-6 on this trip.  However, I think even 3 wins on the trip and they
feel pretty good about themselves.  4 or better on this trip, watch out
because momentum may be on their side.  One thing they can't do is rest on
their laurels = they have to play with a chip on thier shoulder the ENTIRE
2nd half and not feel to good about beating a team they are supposed to lose
to (remember last year when they beat Utah on this same trip and K.Anderson
was unconscious?!) and then lose to a team they should soundly beat (not too
many of those but they can NOT lose to Atlanta,Chicago,etc..) or else you
can kiss the playoffs goodbye.  This 7 game road trip is basically a best of
7 playoff format and they need to win 4 out of 7 to have better than 50/50
odds of making the playoffs.  Otherwise, maybe this little spurt was an
abberation.  We shall see said the blind man.