RE: thoughts on Grizzlies loss

My point is, if you lose to Seattle, you then have games in Portland and
Utah--two of the toughest places in the NBA to get a win. Then Houston in
the second half of a back-to-back, then a Dallas-San Antonio, back-to-backer
(four games in five nights). The first two games of this trip are huge. I
expect them to come out focused and playing extremely hard against Seattle.
The Sonics didn't play last night and don't play tonight, so they will have
had an eight-day break. That can work one of two ways--they'll be rested,
healthy and ready to roll... or, they'll come back rusty and ripe for an
upset against a hungry Celtics team.

I wouldn't want to be 0-2 leaving Seattle, because that, in reality, will
feel like 0-4 (because Portland and Utah are next). The toughest part of the
trip is the four-in-five-nights stretch to end it. These early games are
huge.

Also, the Vancouver game raised a lot of the old bugaboos about this team.
They allowed a high field goal percentage (over .470) and were outrebounded
49-30. That's a glaring stat against a team that really doesn't rebound well
itself. Toine and Pierce have been carrying this team and overcoming a lot
of deficiencies, but those things show up in the long run. This team still
needs legit frontcourt players who can defend and rebound and a legit point
guard. I hope Wallace sees that and cashes in a few marketable chips (Vitaly
or Battie, Stith) for either a player or picks that can help.

Anyway, huge, huge game tomorrow.

Mark