Re: [Celtic_Pride] Re: Pitino Moves

Title: Re: [Celtic_Pride] Re: Pitino Moves

  Jim Metz <JBMetzEA@AOL.com> wrote:

(**) My only comment is that there was no need to hurry Pitino could have traded Mercer any time. He traded him for a player who he didn't even give a chance.

                                                  - Mishra
   For some reason you didn't quote my whole post, you left out the following, which pretty much sums up my feeling on this.

>> Thinking about Mercer almost coming back to Boston last summer, it might also be fair to conclude that Pitino and Ron had agreed that Mercer would not get the minutes he needed to get a huge contract and they mutualy agreed to part company, partly for Ron's benefit.
  The C's also needed a strong rebounder. The probelm with Fortson and assesing his value was Walker not going home and coming back in "Scotty Pippin shape."(as Pitino aksed him to do) Fortson couldn't get enough minutes unless Antoine was able to play the three(Danny was also injued for three months).<<

   I would like to add, that I can remember Antoine waving for the ball at the three point line as Billups was coming over half court. Chauncy looked at him and laughed, then turned to the other side of the floor to start the play.
JB
--

Unchain My Heart!