Re: Pitino pushing the right buttons

> But I agree to the truce, so not a further word out of me about "Poultrino".
> ;-) Mark Berry is a very smart and principled guy I think, but even if he tempts
> or provokes me with his "logic"  I won't reply with more, repetitive
> Pitinochio-bashing. Let it rest. Cecil and Dorine are a voice of reason again.

Actually, that's maybe the only reason I finally wrote my mind on Mark
Berry's view.  He really is an intelligent guy who doesn't go off topic
with personal attacks and other stuff.  That's why I find his one-sided
view so unnerving.  Of course, it would be great if I could stay as on
topic and logical, but I've never been accused of that in my life.

Personally, I think it was just a bad marriage of basically good
basketball people, although reading the news of the latest
arrests, players canning coaches, All-star selections, makes for trying
times around the league.  Shows how skill at playing wins out over moral
character most of the time.

Anyway, I've said my piece, so I'm content not to talk more about this.
Too bad there aren't any games for a while.  I was finally looking forward
to them again, started actually making plans around Celtics games.  And
the all-hype game doesn't count. I can't get into that.

On a different topic, I was watching the Bill Russell special on (HBO?) a
couple days ago (or yesterday?).  My brother, the hockey addict that only
watches bball because of me, remarked that it was amazing how the clips
always showed crisp bounce passes to players moving without the ball.  He
also remarked how there were more colorful shooting forms.  I think that
shows how players today actually have better form shooting.  Too bad the
passing went out the window.  Although quick hands and feet on defense,
along with "length", can make a good pass look pretty bad.

-jr