Re: No All Star Participants

I don't think anyone was a lock for the All star game do to their
performance in the beginning of the season.  Pierce and Walker ended up with
the stat's in the last few weeks but the Pitino era of the first month or
two was pathetic.

Walker appears to have shed a lot of body fat since the beginning of the
season and you can actually see some definition of his muscles.  His
shooting and his overall play have benefited.

As sad as it is, the loss of his Grandmother seems to have allowed him to
focus on basketball.  There have been stories/rumors recently that Walker is
pulled in many directions by his responsibilities off the court.  Here's
hoping that this area is becoming more controllable for him.  While he may
be a "veteran All Star" on the court, he is still a "kid" in life.  May the
courage and strength of his Grandmother now reside within him.

Walker made a statement about making the playoffs and earning the respect of
the league as it concerns the All star selections in the future.  I think
this is great news!

I'm hoping the All Star snub will motivate Walker and Pierce in particular
to spend this coming off season becoming the best basketball players they
can.  I picture Pierce calling out the name of those chosen instead of him
as he shoots from all over the court.  I picture Walker starting the
official preseason camp in the kind of condition he usually ends the season
in.  I picture the two Captains leading Battie, Blount, VP, Williams, Stith,
Herren, Palicio, Moiso etc... in working together this off season to get
better.

I commented to my Wife last night that the game against the Bucks was the
first time in years that all the fans were standing at the end of the game,
cheering for the home team.

Many of us "old folks" have stated that the fans wouldn't boo if the effort
was there.  Well the effort has been there.  The players will feel the
warmth of the fans embrace if they continue this level of team effort.  I
applaud their success as a team.  I am happy they didn't make the All Star
game, this year.  Let them come back next year and be voted on to the first
team because of their play.
<Jim