Re: Thoughts on Our Great Win vs. The Bucks

Right on, Josh. It's amazing that we won this game with Kenny playing 32 minutes AND Pierce having a subpar shooting game (the defense on him wasn't extraordinary, he was just missing of lot of shots he normally makes). Also, our defense wasn't as good as it's been under Obie, especially in the first half, but then the guys got after it (except for Kenny, of course) and, unlike the Raptors, the Bucks started missing a lot of shots in the 4th.

I agree that the Bucks are a better team, but they're better because they have guys like Cassell, Tim Thomas, Lindsey Hunter, and the underrated Ervin "Magic"Johnson, in addition to Robinson and Allen. That's why it so galls me that BOTH Robinson and Allen got selected to the All-Star game, and neither Walker nor Pierce did, with the Bucks' better record allegedly having a lot to do with it. I'm curious to know, though, what Walker was whispering into George Karl's ear at the end of the game...

Kestas

--- You wrote:
4) Why did Kenny Anderson play a minute? He's worse
than useless at this point, although I will say that
he didn't get burned by Sam Cassell as much as I
thought he did. But amazingly, Jim O'Brien is subbing
him in for Milt Palacio for OFFENSE. This is amazing,
and my first serious quarrel with Obie. Kenny hurts
us even more on offense than he does on defense. He
couldn't even hit an open jump shot tonight; why was
he in? Palacio is a better offensive point guard,
period. His drive on Sam Cassell helped turn the game
around, and he seems to be the only one willing to
push the ball upcourt, putting pressure on the other
team's D and getting us easy baskets. That he is an
immeasurably better defensive player than Kenny isn't
even arguable by Kenny's most loyal partisans, if
there are any. So why was Kenny in there, dragging
the ball upcourt, standing around, loping, and
spreading his languor and malaria to everyone else?
He's got to go; he should be Milt Palacio's backup at
this stage of his career. I'm sorry to say it, but
that's how it is. Kenny should only have gotten spot
minutes tonight. And when Chris Herren and Randy
Brown come back, he should sit on the IR or be bought
out. The guy just isnt part of what's happening with
the Celtics now.
--- end of quote ---