Re: Clipper game

> From: Douglas342@AOL.com
>
> In a message dated 12/29/01 8:40:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca writes:
>
> >  But that is part of your original point wasn't it?  That the refs aren'
> >  singling out our guys.  I think in Toine's case, he gets nailed cuz he
> has
> >  given them grief in the past.
>
> The refs are totally imperfect.

Let's see 'em admit, Doug.  Just once.  Just one freakin' time.

> Players can help avoid dubious calls by not
> whining about every call.  Will it cure all ills?  Not even close.

I see.  Players need to hold themselves in check, while refs look for
technicals to call.  Why do you feel the need to defend these putzs?  Show
me *one* of them half as good as Earl Strom.  I bet you can't, his kind
died out long ago.  But of course, the responsibility is all on the
players.  I cannot see being more frustrated with players "whining" (why
on earth would they do that?  We ask them to care only about winning, but
they can't argue obviously retarded calls.  No, just sit there and take it.
   Then, we wonder why some players show no passion, no fire in the belly.
We can't have it both way, you know.) than with the obviously missed calls,
  creative interpretations of the rules, and blatant favoritism of the
zebras.  Sure, Paul Pierce is getting no backlash whatsoever from the SI
story.  Do you happen to have a bridge you might sell me?  I'm feeling
very naive right now... .

Bird

P.S. Tommy was in rare form regarding Dee Kantner's lackluster performance
in the Kings game.  Perhaps he focuses too much on the fact that both she
and Violet What's-her-face are female; to me, it doesn't matter.  Women
can certainly be as effective an official as a man, no matter what gender
is dominant on the court as players.  However, it cannot be denied that
both Dee and Violet are among the dregs of the NBA refs.