Re: Clipper game

> From: "Dan Forant" <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
>
> Man do I agree about the refs. I see a fair share of calls on both sides
> each game. I don't believe the refs have an agenda. It may be easier for
> fans to blame refs for losses. If it make's em feel better so be it. There
> is a tooth fairy also.

Well, you might read the posts you're trying to talk about; though that
would be a first.  No one is "blaming" refs -- merely pointing out how
badly they are trained, or implement their training, or just how many
obvious calls they miss.  Oh sure, it's a tough job.  I've ref'ed games;
it's difficult.  I merely ask that you don't tell me how fair you are
while blowing calls is all.  Clearly, you'd rather someone tell you it's
raining, while in the act of pissing on your leg.

Bird

P.S. Geez, all this talk of the poor wretches who choose to ref games in
the NBA is making me weepy.  Saw C-Webb hang on the rim, *and* grab the
ball and dunk it; no call.  Tell me again how good these refs are, and I
*still* wouldn't believe it.  Some people just like to be bamboozled.  So
be it.  Poor refs.  Boo hoo, boo hoo.  Can we take up a collection?
Perhaps for eyeglasses?