Clipper game

     Well, it wasn't real comfortable being a Celtics fan today.  When the
team scores NINE points in the first quarter, and when VP is the leading
scorer at that point, and when the Clippers appear to be hitting about 102%
of their shots, it looks pretty gloomy.  But some good D, a few timely 3s by
Pierce and the Celtics came back from 17 down (may have been 19) to within 3
at the half.  After the lead see-sawed for a while, the Clips again opened it
to ten before the Cs whittled it back down and managed a tie in regulation.
In OT, consecutive 3s by EW and Walker iced it for the good guys.
    Other notes from the sold-out (!!) Staples Center:  Kedrick Brown got 7
minutes, but it seemed like we saw more of him than of Johnson ...  Anderson
played 45 minutes ... for a long time, Obie went with both Anderson and
Strickland; can Kenny keep this ironman stuff up?  He and Jeff McGinnis
appeared to have a yapfest going on throughout the game...  it was nice to
meet listmember Hank at halftime and again after the game ... we reminisced
about our years (his 20, my 30) in Cambridge ... Kedrick and Milt Palacio
both look like they're 15 ...  Antoine Walker is BIG - not Mailman category
yet, but one large gentleman ...  After the game, Pierce went over to the
Clipper bench and greeted several players.
  Can they do this again in Sacramento?  Well, not if Kenny has to play 45
minutes and if they score 9 in the first quarter!
   And I'm tired of listening to fans (ours and theirs) kvetch about the
refs.  I have no idea how they manage to make calls amidst ten antomical
giants moving in a small space.   They do the best they can and, if anyone
here read the NY Times story a year or so back, they work hard at it.  Do
they get every call?  Nope.  The refs are part of the game.  Want to take the
refs out of it?  Score 20 more points than the other team.
 - Doug