Re: Malone cheap shot on Strickland

I understand that it was a clean pick. I am not disputing that. It is the
circumstances that it took place in, though, that makes it a dirty play. The
game was out of hand, Utah had it won. What advantage did Malone have for
setting the pick? Did it alter the outcome at all? If he doesn't set that
pick and Strickland goes up the court uncontested, does it put the Jazz in
position to lose? No. There was no need for it.
If I remember right, V's pick was in the middle of the game, when the game
was still very much in question. As Jim Hill mentioned, if Malones pick were
in the 2nd quarter, we would not even be having this discussion.