Re: Malone cheap shot on Strickland

In a message dated 12/28/01 8:47:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
shizzjr@hotmail.com writes:

> and i'm sure that Stockton wasn't acting at all.
>
>      I wouldn't be surprised, but the collisions between VP and Stockton
and Malone and Strickland looked awfully similar.  VP's arm might have moved
a bit more than Malone's, but they were both pretty dramatic, although the
Malone/Strickland collision had the artistic advantage of being in an open
court.
        I know that if I took off running full tilt and slammed into Malone
or VP, I'd probably bounce halfway to Worcester, and I am not a
featherweight.  Those are two very large and strong gentlemen.  And, in a
note of apology or defiance or whatever, I know that Malone and Stockton have
a certain reputation in this league, but I am a big admirer of both of them.
Stockton is a throwback to Bob Cousy, and is still throwing up great stats as
he nears 40.  Malone will probably pass Kareem and become the NBA's all-time
scoring leader.   He comes into each season in great shape and shows little
decline in his skills after 16 or 17 years.  I think the current term being
bandied about these days is that these guys are warriors.  Seeing players
like them is what makes being a sports fan fun.