Re: Kenny and Tony and V, oh my!

> From: gene kirkpatrick <gk_tyler@yahoo.com>
>
>  It's great to see the team settling into enthusiastic role playing.
> When our centers get a tad more offensive opportunities and when K. Brown
> (and maybe Forte) get their shots, we'll be even more difficult to
> contain.

Agreed.  Remember back at the start of the season, many of us were saying
that if the team got some contribution from the rooks, we'd be pretty good?
   Well, we're getting next to nothing from them, except for solid, if
unspectacular, (maybe that's "spectacular" enough from a rookie)
performances from JJ, but hey, the team is still in first place in the
Conference.  When these guys get into the rotation, down the road a ways,
we may be able to start looking for that missing piece or pieces that will
push the team over the top.  Not bad for a team that "sucks".

> Subject: go Karl!
> From: gene kirkpatrick <gk_tyler@yahoo.com>
>
> Malone and Stockton both had excellent games and Malone was clobbered by
> K. Martin with a forearm to the neck that got Martin ejected; a primo
> cheap shot.  Hard to imagine anyone wanting a piece of the mailman (aka
> "best body in sports"), even at his age.

I guess it's easier to be courageous when you're behind the guy with no
chance to make an actual play on the ball.  "Primo cheap shot" indeed!
That was about the most uncalled-for play I've seen yet this year.  Martin
didn't even jump.  He got Malone with his *upper* arm, for pete's sake.
Wasn't even *thinking* about the ball probably.  Nasty.  Jerry Sloan had a
few choice words.  I thought for a second there that the Jazz bench was
going to pull a Heat/Knicks and storm the court.  Could hardly hold it
against them if they did.  A dirty play at a point in the game when the
Nets were just about out of it.  Newsflash for Kenyon: the time to play
tough is throughout the whole of the game, don't try to make up for your
earlier weakness by trying to clothesline a guy when it's virtually over.
A dirty, gutless play.

Did you see the guns on Malone?  I swear, I think his arms are getting
even bigger, if that's even possible.

I hope the C's don't take the Grizz lightly.  I'm very happy Memphis beat
LA, not only for the Faker loss (of course!), but for the timing: the
Celts can hardly ignore it and so, should come out prepared for a battle.

Bird
(The Celtic "Tird")