Re: Kenny and Tony and V, oh my!

> From: Douglas342@AOL.com
>
> In a message dated 12/22/01 4:59:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> birdwl@earthlink.net writes:
>
> >  I didn't mention EWill, but of course he, too, has contributed.  I
> still
> >  don't think he's a great individual defender, and I hate to see him get
> >  time at the 4, but I am willing to start believing that he directs the
> >  defense or does some thing or set of things that help this team.
> -------Tommy certainly sees something in him; last night he was ecstatic
> about Williams' play.  God things do seem to happen when he's on the
> court.

Well, I'm not prepared to assign divinity to him just yet, but if we keep
this up, why not?  I'd roll with it.

I love Tommy, I really do, but he still thinks Walker should play
exclusively "down on da bahx".  Still, he's clearly correct about EWill:
the team wins when he plays.  I actually am really warming up to him as a
sixth man.  One thing you could *never* say about him was that he didn't
give it all, but the previous regime's idea of making him into a mere
3-point spot-up shooter didn't allow him to play his game.  Looks like he'
s playing his game again, like he did when he was first with the C's and
making a pretty decent mark on the league.  I worry when he replaces
Walker at power forward, but I haven't seen any other team really take
advantage of that, either.  He's better suited for it than Wallah, that's
for sure.

> If you looked really close, you saw a Ukrainian forearm
> move and suddenly Stockton came flying out of the scrum on the seat of his
> pants.  He looked his age last night, but is still on my "most fun to
> watch"
> team.

Ya gotta love Stockton.  Sure, he may play a little dirty (read:
opportunistic) but that's a *good* thing when he's on your team; gotta
respect that.  Last night, he went up for a shot, though, and wanted the
foul called on Kenny, so he yelled "Come on, Scott!" at the ref
(presumably the one named "Scott").  Virtually any other player would get
serious consideration for a "T" there.  I mean, if I heard it on the TV
broadcast, wouldn't that be an example of "showing up the ref?"  Ah, the
wacky NBA.  I wouldn't be so hard on the officials if they didn't try to
spin their image as objective judges trying to get calls correct.  Is that
why you wait for the ball to either go in the basket or fall out before
blowing the whistle?  Why certain players get "star treatment" and rookies
get no respect at all?  Anyway, right, back to John Stockton.  What a
great point guard.

Bird