RE: Yes Paul, but...

I try really hard not to make this about Antoine vs. Paul...Pierce shoots
better from the field and 3-point range and, most importantly, doesn't
settle for the quick 3-pointer as much as Toine (although he does settle too
much). Check out free throw attempts. Huge difference, and that's so
important. Pierce also is a great rebounder for his size and position (often
2-guard), averaging about 7 per game. He's not the ball-handler or passer
Antoine is, no question. But Antoine's ball-handling and passing isn't all
that valuable when he spends most of his time drifting at the 3-point line
waiting for a pass.

I'm not saying Antoine is a bad player or the team would be better off
without him. But the only thing keeping him from being great is his own
judgment. Don't settle... attack the basket... post up... then use the
3-pointer as a weapon playing off the rest of your game. There's no way our
best big guy, best rebounder, best offensive rebounder and best passer
should be shattering the NBA record for 3-point attempts by some 200 heaves.
No way.

Mark