Re: Yes, Paul, but...

At 10:40 12/20/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Is it just a coincidence that the two best games Antoine has played this
>season, by far, have featured him posting up, attacking the basket, getting
>to the free throw line, drawing double teams and getting others better
>shots? Is there any question that his two best games were the Washington
>game and last night? They're 2-0 when he plays like that.

I'm with you on this, Mark, but it's also not a coincidence that both teams
are missing a real PF to guard Antoine down low, and were defending him
with guards and undersized forwards. We all know that Toine is not (yet?)
good enough to score in the low post against good, long PFs - they
routinely pad their block numbers against him. If he had Eric Williams's
low post game, we'd be talking a Top 5 player. But he doesn't. Is he too
trigger-happy on the 3? Absolutely. He could he dominate inside every night
like he did against Washington and Cleveland? Not yet, maybe never.
Speaking of the inside game, I'm very encouraged by Vitaly's low-post moves
lately. He really has some nice moves that he's developed over the years.
If fed the ball there regularly, he could be a reliable inside scorer, at
least against second units.
Kestas