Yes, Paul, but...

Is it just a coincidence that the two best games Antoine has played this
season, by far, have featured him posting up, attacking the basket, getting
to the free throw line, drawing double teams and getting others better
shots? Is there any question that his two best games were the Washington
game and last night? They're 2-0 when he plays like that.

Look, Antoine is rebounding like a man possessed and trying much harder on
defense. But he settles for the 3-pointer too much. Yes, his masseuse... I
mean, publicist... I mean coach, backs him up, but here's what Pierce
said...

"We really mixed it up tonight, and it starts with the big fella," said
Pierce, who had 25 points, five rebounds, five assists and a career-high
five blocked shots. "Antoine really did a great job of taking it inside and
not settling for the 3-point shot.
"It really opens things up for the offense when he's down there being
aggressive and getting offensive rebounds and layups for us. When they're
all sucked in to him, then we get wide open shots.  "That's something we've
got to do on a more consistent basis. We know we've got the offensive
talent. We've just got to be more consistent with it. It's there for us if
we want to go to it."

<--snip-->

O'Brien knows what happens when you defy Antoine... all he has to do is look
to Pitino and that big knife sticking out of his back. So he backs him up
completely, unequivocally. But Pierce nailed it. When Antoine plays like he
did last night, he makes it easier for everyone. He just doesn't do it
nearly enough.

Mark