Re: Expect Loss in Charlotte

on 12/16/01 5:49 PM, bird at birdw@mac.com wrote:

   Having said that, I watched the whole game last night and am delighted
> that I was wrong.  I don't think I am less of a fan because of it.
        Douglas342
        ********
No, you're probably *more* of a fan because you were delighted.  If it was
me, though, and I predicted a loss to a mediocre team I'd feel pretty bad
about myself, as far as the spectrum of "good fandom" goes.
       Bird

               There are those that are optimistic, some that are
pessimistic and then there is myself, who is wildly manic. Every year, I
predict 53 wins and rejoice in the good play and tear my hair out when they
go selfish and lazy.
    We are here, we are fans. There are not "good" fans and by contrast bad
fans.

              JB

                           Unchain My Heart!