re: Kenny

> From: steve knight <stevebknight@yahoo.com>
>
> Can I get some objective thoughts on kenny anderson's
> play this year? Don't get to see much of the Celtics
> in Texas, but it sounds like he is part of the glue
> holding an unlikely collection of players together. I
> know many of you on the list can't wait for him to
> come off the salary cap, but I sense he is playing
> better and more selfless than ever.

I'm one of those guys who can't wait until Kenny comes off the books, but
I gotta give him the love he deserves -- he really has been playing very
well as of late.  Threading passes, penetrating into the lane for his shot
or a dish, pushing the ball up the court, eschewing the three for the two
(which he is making at a much better clip), hanging around for the steal,
and actually attempting to play tough defense.  These are all things that
have not been around in such quantity with Kenny previous to this season.

If he was playing this well at the end of his contract, I'd even think
about re-signing him if I were the GM -- for  low, low money, and for
short, short term, but that's how well he's been playing lately... .  Good
to see, and if he keeps it up for the better part of the year, I'll
happily eat crow for saying he was on a the last downturn of his career.
Looks like he may have had at least one more reincarnation left.  All the
better.

Bird
(The Celtic "Tird")